2013-2014 UCB Composite Benefit Rates
(Fringe Benefit Projection Rates) (effective 7/1/2013 through 6/30/2014)
See Salary and Benefits for current composite benefit projection rates.
The following composite campus benefit rates for the UC Berkeley campus are now in effect, and will be charged to sponsored projects. See the Space and Capitol Resources Composite Benefit Rates for a fringe benefit rate overview, additional details, and UCB Composite Benefit Rates in PDF.
The approved UC Berkeley composite fringe benefit rates for fiscal year 2013-14 are listed below and should be used to transact and budget for fringe costs. Future year rate estimates are for planning purposes, only (e.g., multi-year budgeting, financial aid planning, contract and grant proposal submissions, etc.). Actual rates for years beyond FY13-14 are subject to change.
|Approved||Projections for Planning Purposes ------------->|
|CBR Rate Group||FY14||FY15||FY16||FY17||FY18||FY19||FY20|
|Students (Graduate and Undergraduate)||0.0%||0.0%||0.0%||0.0%||0.0%||0.0%||0.0%|
- Approved rates have been reviewed and approved by the Department of Health and Human Services for use by all fund sources for FY13-14. These rates will be applied to gross earnings to generate benefit costs posted to the general ledger.
- Rates beyond June 30, 2014 are estimates and are provided for planning purposes only. Future benefits rates are subject to review and approval by the Department of Health and Human Services on an annual or bi-annual basis.
- Rate changes reflect anticipated increases and decreases in benefit costs, including health care and retirement contributions.
- “Limited” includes Postdocs, Faculty Summer Salary and appointments with BELI code 2, 3, or 4.
- Not all fringe benefit costs are included in the composite fringe rates. Some fringe costs that carry special costing circumstances are excluded from the rates and should continue to be budgeted and expensed separately. Namely: Graduate Student Health and Tuition Remission, General Automobile and Employment Liability (GAEL), and vacation accrual and compensatory time (all 52XXX account codes).
See Salary and Benefits for current fringe benefits projection rates.