About the Sponsored Projects Office
The Sponsored Projects Office (SPO) at the University of California, Berkeley is responsible for reviewing and authorizing proposals for submission and for interpreting, negotiating, and accepting contracts and grants for sponsored projects funded by federal and state agencies, foundations, and other public and private sources. SPO prepares and negotiates all subawards for collaborative research. SPO also provides resources for finding funding opportunities.
If you have any questions, please go to the Contact Us page and input the name of your department/unit in the search box. This will enable you to find the Contract and Grant Officer (CGO) assigned to assist you.
Pam Miller is the Executive Director of the Sponsored Projects Office. Associate Directors Angela Ford and Noam Pines supervise proposal and award processing for SPO. Each associate director is responsible for helping the campus with questions and issues related to specific sponsors. The responsibility areas for each associate director are listed below:
- Noam Pines:
- Federal: DOD, DHHS (including NIH), NSF, NOAA, U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Department of State, U.S. Department of Labor
- Non-Federal: UC Funded Programs, Local Government, State Government (excluding State of California), other Non-Federal (Names starting J-Z)
- Contact email@example.com or call 510-643-3891
- Angela R. Ford:
- Federal: NASA, DOE (including DOE labs), all other Federal
- Non-Federal: State of California, other Non-Federal (Names starting A-I)
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-642-8117
If you need to escalate a problem or issue to a SPO manager, please contact Angela Ford or Noam Pines.
Feedback and Suggestions
If you would like to provide us with feedback on SPO, please go to the Ongoing Feedback on SPO Services form to answer a few questions about the quality of the services provided by the Sponsored Projects Office.
If you have a suggestion for improving SPO’s subaward services, please provide your suggestion using the Subaward Suggestion Box.