The Sponsored Projects Office (SPO) at the University of California, Berkeley is responsible for reviewing and authorizing proposals for submission and for interpreting, negotiating, and accepting contracts and grants for sponsored projects funded by federal and state agencies, foundations, and other public and private sources. SPO prepares and negotiates all subawards for collaborative research. SPO also provides resources for finding funding opportunities.
Key Policies and Procedures
- UCB Policy on Requirement to Submit Proposals and to Receive Awards through SPO/IAO
- VCR Five Day Proposal Submission Policy Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions
- Electronic routing and approval of campus proposals using Phoebe
- James R. Graham, SSL, $3,264,797, NASA, “Exoplanets Unveiled: Formation, Evolution and Prospects for Life”
- Jacob Corn, Innovative Genomics Initiative, $2,340,000, AstraZeneca Inc., “CRISPR Genome Wide Screens in Target Identification”
- Richard Ivry, Psychology, $1,715,282, NINDS, “Embodied Decision Making: The Influence of Action Errors on Reinforcement Learning”
- Marcy Whitebook, Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, $1,300,000, Foundation for Child Development, “State of the Early Childhood Workforce”
- David A. Patterson, EECS, $778,316, Broad Institute Inc., “Cancer Genomics Cloud Pilots”
- Laurel G. Larsen, Geography, $697,539, NSF, “CAREER: The Role of Organic Particulates in Controlling the Growth of River Deltas: A Field, Experimental, and Numerical Modeling Study”
Sponsored activities with industry and incoming Material Transfer Agreements are managed by IPIRA.