The Sponsored Projects Office (SPO) at the University of California, Berkeley is responsible for reviewing and authorizing proposals for submission and for interpreting, negotiating, and accepting contracts and grants for sponsored projects funded by federal and state agencies, foundations, and other public and private sources. SPO prepares and negotiates all subawards for collaborative research. SPO also provides resources for finding funding opportunities.
Key Policies and Procedures
- UCB Policy on Requirement to Submit Proposals and to Receive Awards through SPO/IAO
- VCR Five Day Proposal Submission Policy Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions
- Electronic routing and approval of campus proposals using Phoebe
- Steven Conolly, QB3, $1,936,905, NIBIB, “Pre-Clinical Quantitation of Ovarian Cancer Tumor Burden Using Magnetic Particle Imaging and Non-Dilutive Cell Labeling”
- Doris Bachtrog, Integrative Biology, $1,681,046, NIGMS, “The Formation of Heterochromatin on Evolving Y Chromosomes”
- Laurel G. Larsen, Geography, $1,500,000, Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, “Resolving Environmental Complexity through Data-Driven Induction”
- Daniel E. Feldman, Helen Wills Neuroscience Institute, $1,329,239, NINDS, “Microscale Organization and Sensory Coding in L2/3 of Mouse Somatosensory Cortex”
- Alan Tansman, Townsend Center for the Humanities, $950,000, Andrew W. Mellon, “Foundation Art of Writing”
- Ming Wu, EECS, $906,246, DARPA, “Photonic-Assisted Hyper-Wideband Receiver”
Sponsored activities with industry and incoming Material Transfer Agreements are managed by IPIRA.