The Sponsored Projects Office (SPO) at the University of California, Berkeley is responsible for reviewing and authorizing proposals for submission and for interpreting, negotiating, and accepting contracts and grants for sponsored projects funded by federal and state agencies, foundations, and other public and private sources. SPO prepares and negotiates all subawards for collaborative research. SPO also provides resources for finding funding opportunities.
- UCB Policy on Requirement to Submit Proposals and to Receive Awards through SPO/IAO
- VCR Five Day Proposal Submission Policy Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions
- Carl J. Blumstein, CIEE, $3,240,000, DOE, “Micro-Synchrophasors for Distribution Systems”
- George H. Fisher, SSL, $1,375,009, NSF, “The Coronal Global Evolutionary Model (CGEM)”
- Robert L. Fischer, Plant and Microbial Biology, $1,316,439, NIGMS, “Regulation and Function of Active DNA Demethylation in Arabidopsis”
- Heino Nitsche, Chemistry, $1,084,580, DOE, “Development of New Methodologies for Actinide Separations and Preparation of Actinide Targets Using Polymer Assisted Deposition”
- Laura Stock, COEH/LOHP, $700,000, State of California Department of Industrial Relations, “2013-2015 Heat Illness Prevention Campaign”
Sponsored activities with industry and incoming Material Transfer Agreements are managed by IPIRA.