The Sponsored Projects Office (SPO) at the University of California, Berkeley is responsible for reviewing and authorizing proposals for submission and for interpreting, negotiating, and accepting contracts and grants for sponsored projects funded by federal and state agencies, foundations, and other public and private sources. SPO prepares and negotiates all subawards for collaborative research. SPO also provides resources for finding funding opportunities.
SPO Service Schedule March 18, 2015
On Wednesday, March 18, 2015, the majority of Sponsored Projects Office staff will be involved in a regional meeting with sponsored project officers from Stanford University and UCSF. SPO services on this date therefore will be limited to front-desk administrative duties. Proposal and award set-up activity will resume on Thursday, March 19. For the purposes of the VCRO’s five day proposal submission policy, March 18 will not count as a working day. Individuals submitting proposals or other time-sensitive transactions during this time frame should plan accordingly.
Key Policies and Procedures
- UCB Policy on Requirement to Submit Proposals and to Receive Awards through SPO/IAO
- VCR Five Day Proposal Submission Policy Instructions and Frequently Asked Questions
- Electronic routing and approval of campus proposals using Phoebe
- Allison Harvey, Psychology, $2,793,338, NIMH, “A Transdiagnostic Sleep and Circadian Treatment to Improve Community SMI Outcomes”
- Richard H. Kramer, MCB, $2,310,227, NINDS, “Optical Control of Synaptic Transmission for in Vivo Analysis of Brain Circuits and Behavior”
- Ellen A. Robeyn MCB, $1,961,979, NIAID, “Visualizing of Immune Responses to Toxoplasma Gondii”
- Adrian Lee, Physics, $1,700,000, Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation, “PolarBear - Simons Array: CMB Polarization Map of Large-Scale Structure, Measurement of Neutrino Masses, and a Deep Search for the Signature of Inflation”
- Daniel M. Neumark, Chemistry, $1,393,000, University of Central Florida, “Studying Ultrafast Electron Dynamics in Condensed Matter with Next Generation Attosecond X-ray Sources
Sponsored activities with industry and incoming Material Transfer Agreements are managed by IPIRA.