U.S. Forest Service Notification: Lapse in Appropriations
The Pacific Southwest Region Regional Office of the U.S. Forest Service sent the following notification to the Sponsored Projects Office.
December 26, 2018
Subject: Notification: Lapse in appropriation for the U.S. federal government
Dear Valued Partner:
This notice is to inform you of a lapse in appropriation for the U.S. federal government. As a partner to the Forest Service, it is important to know how this may affect your Grant or Agreement.
If you are a recipient of Forest Service (FS) funds already obligated, you are able to continue the work for which funds were awarded, unless further direction is provided to you. We advise you to be prudent in your expenditures and do not incur any expenses not absolutely necessary for performance of current needs.
Please note the following:
- FS cannot issue new awards during this lapse
- No activities for which the FS is responsible/required (i.e. oversight, support, input) can be performed
- FS cannot approve payment requests
- No payment requests can be submitted to the FS
- FS employees will be on furlough, unable to perform work
Please see the attached FAQs for further guidance. We appreciate your partnership and thank you for your patience during this time.
Deputy Director, AQM