UCOP Research Grants Program Office
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2020
Subject: An important message to our colleagues regarding the COVID-19 pandemic
March 23, 2020
During this period of uncertainty amid a declared public health emergency due to COVID-19, the Research Grants Program Office (RGPO) of the University of California is committed to prioritizing the health and safety of our staff, grantees, and the community. We recognize that many research projects, institutions, faculty, and trainees are adjusting to new work and personal circumstances and we want to extend our support to everyone effected.
To ensure our grantees have flexibility over the next few months, RGPO is issuing the following guidelines related to reporting and research continuity:
- Progress and fiscal reports that are due within the next four months (on or before August 1, 2020) will receive an automatic deadline extension of one month.
- As per current RGPO policy, all grants are eligible to receive an automatically-approved three-month no cost time extension at the conclusion of their project period.
- As per current RGPO policy, carryforward of up to 25% is allowable without approval.
- For required research protocol changes, please contact your Institutional Review Board (IRB), Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC), or other research regulatory bodies for approval, and then submit that approval to the RGPO funding program. Notification to our office of any assurance approvals or renewals due in the next four months (on or before August 1, 2020) will receive an automatic 30-day deadline extension.
- If you need to reduce the scope of your research plan, please contact the Program Officer assigned to your grant.
If you need additional time extensions, or have questions, please contact us at: RGPOgrants@ucop.edu
RGPO is closely monitoring University of California, National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, and other granting instructions for guidance on research practices, and RGPO is considering additional changes to support our researchers in the upcoming weeks. Please visit our website for program-specific updates at https://www.ucop.edu/research-grants-program/.
Please note, due to shelter in place orders in the state of California, RGPO is working remotely. Business is continuing, and staff are available during normal business hours. For quickest response, please communicate with us via email.
You are receiving this message because you have an active award in proposalCentral.
University of California - Office of the President
Research Grants Program Office (RGPO)
300 Lakeside Drive, 6th Floor
Oakland, CA 94612-3550
Tel: (510) 987-9386
Grants Management Database: https://ucop.smartsimple.com